The conference, Jointly organised by the European Commission, the Portuguese Government and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, aims to boost social innovation in Europe because social innovation is a good, cost-effective way to advance inclusive and wealth-creating public policies, by developing a new narrative and giving this new narrative the means to take root, grow, blossom and bear fruit. The conference will take place at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation next 27-28 November.
The event seeks to bring together world-class scientists in the area of social innovation, innovators, social entrepreneurs, civil society representatives, national and regional policy makers, municipal and city level actors, social innovation funders, philanthropists, venture capitalists, business angels, students, and politicians. You can go Through the impressive program and get inspired here.
SOCRATIC Consortium, as part of the Digital Social Innovation Community will exchange ideas and inspiration with dozens of actors of the Social Innovation in Europe. The time has come to develop the new narrative further. So, the conference will take stock of social innovation today, review new trends in this vast domain, set the scene for lively and stimulating discussions, and promote networking among innovators, entrepreneurs, and other value creators driven by a social ideal.
The conference will be structured in the following manner:
• Taking stock of social innovation achievements
• Identifying potential future opportunities brought by social innovation not only in terms of societal well-being, but also of growth, jobs, and business development for Europe
• Reviewing new trends in social innovation
• Examining the possible role of social innovation in the next generation of public policies
• Exploring funding instruments